Tuesday, August 27, 2013

August Glam Bag // Ipsy

Hello Pretties! I'm so excited to share my Ipsy August Glam Bag with you! The products they sent me are great for a glam look in minutes.


Typically, I’m not much of a “pamper” myself kinda girl. I don’t regularly get pedicures, I don’t get my nails done, I do my own eyebrows. But since Troy has been in school full time I’ve found it hard to have some alone time to pamper myself. For example, I recall a time last month….where I finally had a chance to take a look at myself “in detail” ( hahhaha I wasn’t throwing on some makeup and running out the door or washing my face late at night and jumping into bed) and my eyebrows looked like something you would see on a wooly mammoth or the abominable snowman! It was BAD. So needless to say I’ve been anxiously looking forward to receiving my Ipsy Glam Bag to take a minute to do some personal pampering.


Here's what came in my bag!


Michael Todd

Pumpkin Nutrient-Rich Facial Mask

I was most excited to try the Michael Todd Pumpkin Nutrient Rich Facial Mask. I haven’t used a GOOD mask in a long time. I’ve got annoyingly temper mental skin that breaks out if it’s too dry, breaks out if it’s too oily, etc. This mask is only done once every other week or two and you only leave it on for 5-10 minutes! It made my skin feel a little cool when I put it on and when I washed it off I instantly noticed that it was toned and tightened and the pH level seemed balanced! I didn’t get over dry and it didn’t cause an overstimulation of oil production. I LOVE IT!

Smashbox

Photo Finish Foundation Primer

I used to use this product daily, I like it pretty well. Although if I use any sort of moisturizer at night my skin seems too oily the next day when paired with the foundation primer. But it’s definitely great for making your foundation go on flawlessly and evenly. I also feel like my makeup looks less layered and more natural with the primer.

MicaBeauty

Eye Shadow in Bronze

 I was instantly worried that this eye shadow wouldn’t give me a rich color and that it wouldn’t last all day because it contains mica which is typically a filler ingredient. I tried this eye shadow with an eyelid primer and without one and it seemed to wear about the same and surprisingly it gave a good, rich color throughout the day. Although the color isn’t the most flattering with my skin and hair color, I think the product quality was decent.

Pixi Beauty

Lash Booster Mascara in Blackest Black

I was pretty excited to try this mascara as well. I. LOVE. MASCARA! I was blessed with long, thick and dark eyelashes (thank you momma) but I’m still very particular about my mascara. It can’t be too thick causing clumps and it can’t be too thin causing long stringy lashes. I feel that a brush plays a huge part in how well the mascara looks on your lashes and I didn’t particularly care for the brush. The consistency of the mascara was a little too thin for my liking and didn’t give the fullness I was expecting. Overall it’s a decent product but I probably wouldn’t purchase this item.


Urban Decay

Revolution Lipstick

Lastly, the Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick. First of all – I’m not daring about lip shades and was apprehensive to wear this vavoom color. Soooo I opted for wearing it around the house while cleaning. =D Troy laughed at me when I came out of the bedroom Saturday morning with my crazy dreadlock hair (he calls me Angelina Jolie in Gone in 60 Seconds when I wake up with crazy hair in the morning) and this RED lipstick on my lips. =D hahaha I told him I was experimenting and he just laughed. I actually started to like the color the longer I wore it. It made my teeth look extra white and my lips extra big! It gave really great coverage, without getting on my teeth or smearing and it lasted the WHOLE time I wore it. It washed right off too with soap and water without staining my lips permanently red.

Overall, these products make a great for a quick posh look.If you haven’t joined Ipsy yet I would definitely suggest it! It’s always fun to try new prodcuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment