Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Skinny Dinners - Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken


Any meal I can throw in the crock pot and leave it is a winner in my book. After a long day at work and a long drive home in the heat the last thing I wanna do is stand over the hot stove for an hour. I've absolutely added this slow cooker to my recipe book! 


You’ll Need

4-6 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 medium onion
4 garlic cloves
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar 
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp basil
1 tsp rosemary
1/2 tsp thyme
ground black pepper to taste



Directions

Pour the olive oil on bottom of slow cooker, add chicken breasts, salt and pepper each breast, put sliced onion on top of chicken then put in all the dried herbs and garlic cloves. Pour in vinegar and top with tomatoes.

Cook on high for 4 hours, serve over whole wheat pasta


No comments:

Post a Comment