1. Eat Breakfast – Especially first thing in the morning. If you struggle with eating right when you wake up drink a protein shake. When you wake up your body is either already in starvation mode or on the verge. Eating a balanced meal or taking a protein shake will keep your body from deteriorating your muscle.
2. Eat the Bulk of your Meals Earlier in the Day – Avoid eating dinner after 7.30 pmor no later than 3-4 hours before you go to bed. Not only will you sleep better but you’ll burn more of the calories you ate while you’re still up and moving around.
3. Don’t Starve Yourself – Eat consistently throughout the day. This doesn’t mean snack on potato chips and candy all day. Have your regular 3 meals per day but squeeze in 3 healthy snacks per day, 1 between each meal. HERE is a list of great metabolism boosting snacks and HERE is a list of metabolism boosting foods.
4. Exercise – First thing in the morning is definitely the best for metabolism boosting. Before you do anything else (other than a glass of water and going potty =]) It will cause your brain to wake up along with your muscles stimulating muscle building. HERE are some morning routines that are great for metabolism boosting.
5. Add Weight Training – 2-3 times per week add weight training to your schedule. The more muscle mass you have the more calories you will burn. Don’t just focus on your legs or arms either, an overall balanced weight training will burn additional calories.
6. WATER! – Studies have shown that people who drink at least a gallon of water per day have a higher metabolism. The metabolic process needs water for fuel to work effectively. Go get yourself a cute, refillable water bottle and see how many times you can fill it up each day.
7. Take Vitamin B – B12 is essential for energy. I take a B Complex vitamin along with a B-12 vitamin daily to ensure I’m getting a sufficient amount. The B Complex will also make your hair and nails grow faster and healthier too!