Saturday, June 1, 2013

DIY Photo Canvas




Every time we have people over they're commenting on how cute my photo canvas' are and they cant believe it when I tell them I made them. These are honestly the easiest thing to make and it looks like I paid a lot of money to have them made. 


YOU'LL NEED:

Canvas (I purchased mine at Hobby Lobby)
A photo the same size of your canvas
Modge Podge (store bought or homemade)
Paint
Medium/Small size paint brush

I had 8x10 photos printed at Walgreens. I originally bought modge podge from Michaels in the paint section but its so expensive so when I ran out I decided to give the homemade modge podge recipe a try and I cannot tell the difference. 


What To Do:

Step 1: Using a medium size paint brush (I bought mine from Lowes, i got one with semi course bristles so the surface of my photo canvas would have texture) apply a layer of modge podge on the front side of the canvas, apply your photo face-up to the canvas. 

Step2: Apply a thin layer of modge podge on top of your photo, it will go on looking cloudy but not to worry, it will dry clear! 

Step 3: Let the modge podge dry for atleast 2-3 hours. I didn't have a small paint brush so I folded up a paper towel and dipped it in the matte black paint I had left over from painting my interior doors and wiped the paint on the sides of the canvas so that there was no white showing. 




Step 4: Let it dry and hang it up! 








No comments:

Post a Comment